Today the deadly march of the Coronavirus continues all over the world, in the ASEAN region, and in Indonesia. With this we bring you the latest data gathered from Aseanbriefing.com and covid19.kemenkes.go.id
The Global Total
The total number of confirmed cases, as of 21 October 2020 stood at 40.251.950 cases. Deaths numbered 1.116.131 at a Case Fatality Rate (CFR) of 2.8 percent. Covered in this report are 216 infected countries and 179 Local Transmission Countries.
The ASEAN Tally
As of 21 October 2020, the total number of confirmed cases in the ASEAN region stood at 8.546.666. The aggregate total of deaths was 135.275 for a Case Fatality Rate (CFR) of 1,6 percent. The data on a country-by-country basis are as follows:
Indonesia saw 4,267 new cases and 123 deaths on October 21, bringing the total to 373,109 cases and 12,857 deaths, a Case Fatality Rate (CFR) of 3.4 percent. These numbers cover 501 affected Districts-Cities. For more detailed statistics, click here.
More Covid-19 statistics
From other ASEAN countries:
- Last report as of September 25, Brunei saw 146 cases.
- One new case reported on October 21, taking the total to 286.
- One new case reported on October 21, taking the total to 24.
- The country saw 732 new cases and six deaths on October 21, taking the totals to 22,957 cases and 199 deaths.
- The country saw 1,197 new cases and 31 deaths on October 20, taking the totals to 38,502 cases and 945 deaths.
- The country saw 1,509 new cases and 60 deaths on October 21, taking the totals to 362,243 cases and 6,747 deaths.
- Singapore saw 12 new cases on October 21, taking the total to 57,933.
- The country saw nine new cases on October 21, bringing the total to 3,709.
- As of October 21, Vietnam’s Ministry of Health confirmed a total of 1,141 cases of COVID-19. However, 1,046 of the affected patients have recovered and been discharged from hospitals. Vietnam has also recorded 35 deaths due to the pandemic. The latest cases were all imported and quarantined on arrival.